Friday 30 December 2011

{2011}



January-March was when my life wasn't happy.
Who knew? Who knew that in March, standing in a club, I would meet Vlado?
The way he glanced up and say, "Hey" and I just nodded. The smirk in his eyes when I said, "No" to him asking if he could buy me a drink. The way he pushed away my friend to dance with me. The way our eyes never left the others for the entire night. The fact that we were both sober in a club at midnight is beyond me.

The laughter in his eyes as he dropped me off at another club with my friends, only for me to march in, walk up to my DJ  boyfriend at the time, and promptly break up with him. We weren't happy. I knew that feeling of happiness now and I knew I had to get to know this guy better. The shock in that boyfriends face, the happiness in mine as I walked out. The next day, meeting Vlado in his cool car and getting to know him and laughing, touching, hugging, kissing.

Since March, I have been away from Vlado for exactly one day. You might pick me up and place me in the needy girlfriend pile, thats okay. I would too.

In 2011, I found my soulmate. My best friend, the love of my life. We moved in together. I can jump into his shower with all my clothes on and kiss him admidst his uncontrollable laughter. I lean over, "Night, sweet dreams, see you soon... in my dreams! Love you little Angel" and he rolls his eyes, kissing back. We make food together, we do everything together.

In 2011, my life finally felt complete. I spent 24 years wandering aimlessly around this earth always feeling like I wasn't good enough, or I was settling, or that group of girls wouldn't like me because I was weird and I had to control what came out of my mouth... and then he came into my life and sat back and watched me destruct his life into a masterpeiece.

...I wasn't scared anymore to be anyone but me.

and I can hold his hand in the middle of the store, look up at him and say, "... If an elephant came into our apartment, would it go through the floor because it was so large?"... and it never fails: He is going to laugh hysterically, cup my cheeks in his hands, and kiss my forehead. "This is why I love you Audge."

Thats why I love you too, Vlado.

No comments:

Post a Comment