Monday 10 October 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Another Turkey gone.

October 9th, Vlado and I woke up around 8 am and just lazed around, drinking coffee. It was his one day off a week which is a special day for skype with his Mom. Anxiously, we waited for his brother to log in before we decided to call them on my cell phone. For some reason, his brothers surprised reaction is still making me laugh.. We spent 1-2 hours on Skype, chatting. I absolutely adore his family...

Around 12, Vlado and I went to his extended family that live down the road. They mainly spoke Serbian and I sat and drank coffee, but, the conversation that I did have with his beautiful Aunt and Uncle was so gracious and helpful. His Aunt really made me comprehend the Serbian/Bosnian War ... Just simplified it for me.

We then went to visit my family at my moms house. It was crazy, fun, silly, exhausting, delicious, and the best part was I was with my biggest support system and wine was there.

We dined on Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, two different salads, bread, wine, squash, apple pie & pumpkin pie with sides of whipped cream and icecream.

Then, in the evening, we went to my sister with a 12 pack of beer.
Whoops.

I got into bed at 3am with beer stains on my shoes, giggling uncontrollably and whispering loudly, leather jacket forgotten on my sisters couch, my hair smelt like cigarettes and old perfume, but I was over the moon for the fact I was holding the hand of the guy I love. We fell asleep after an hour of me talking non-stop and him laughing, begging me to shut my eyes, and fall asleep.

xo.


More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment