Saturday 8 October 2011

jobs

Recently, I gave up my fulltime job. I work with at-risk teenagers in a group home but the only problem is: They stuck me on fulltime (40 hours/week) of nightshifts.

My biggest problems with this decision are:
1. I don't even get to see the youth. Ever.
2. It affects my health and my relationship with my boyfriend at home who I never see either.

After careful consideration, I said I would work my shifts until the end of October and then go back to the casual list. (They call me to fill in shifts that the fulltime workers don't want to take)

I had an interview at another agency for casual support and have been accepted. I'm a little nervous as it does restraints (physically takes down youth when they get angry and abusive to staff) but I've done them before and know I can handle them.


paperwork!
Tonight, during my nightshift, I'm completing the paperwork, and bookwork/training I need to do by Friday. Kind of cool to be getting paid while doing work for another agency.. Shhh!!

Today, I had an amazing interview at this agency that is smaller, less known, but starting to climb the ladder. It has so many programs that help street people, prostitutes, homeless kids and I am DYING to get accepted there.
If I do, Vlado and I need to have a serious little chitchat about it as he works from 7am-6pm and I would work 4pm-midnight. We wouldn't see each other *at all* for 5 days..

Lots to think about.

xox,
a
Listening to: Sonny came Home by Shawn Colvin
It reminds me of my role @ my job...

No comments:

Post a Comment