Friday 16 December 2011

Can I get you a cup of coffee?

My boyfriend and I are in love with coffee. He gets 4 cups in his thermos for work. I make four cups for myself when I wake up. During nightshifts, I always hit that "gonna throw up" phase from just sitting there, downing coffee, and not moving for 3-4 hours. Often, when going out window shopping, we will stop at Tim Hortons and each get a hot drink. When we go out with friends, COFFEE, When we invite friends over, well.. I usually get tipsy on wine by myself (problem?) and they just drink more and more coffee.

We have a tassimo brewer ; but its semi ridiculous to buy pods of just plain coffee for 6.00/14 individual cups when you can spend 10.-16.oo's for 64 cups. I mainly keep in stock pods for when guests are over or I just plain old want a latte. I keep stocked on Earl Grey, Chai tea latte, Lattes, Cappuccinos, Americano, Hot chocolate, Iced coffee, Orange Pekoe tea, Decaf.. The ones that basically, well, aren't coffee.




The best way to add spice to your coffee is alcohol. Just kidding but my girlfriends swear by Baileys. I once had a coffee flavored margarita. I got drunk so I can't give my own opinion, my friend exclaimed how amazing and tasty it was.

Add pumpkin spice & vanilla. This one if my favorite but I like the actual pumpkin cans, no syrup for this girl. If you open a can you're stuck with pumpkin coffee for a week or so. It gets old, fast.

Chocolate lovers, add some cocoa mix.

Toranis! My favorite thing from Starbucks is a grande hazelnut latte, forgo it and just grab the Torani next time. Lots of good flavors.

If I had access to unlimited cash flow and the Torani store it would be: Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Butter rum, Hazelnut, English Toffee, Cupcake, Gingerbread, Italian eggnog, Maple, Raspberry, Salted Caramel, & shortbread.

I'm in the middle of planning an event of "Hot Toddies" with some girlfriends. I always *say* I'm going to do these and never do. This is the 3rd party I've invited people too that I've never gotten past the actual idea.




...But how fun would that be? Any good recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment