Monday 31 October 2011

Review: Kings and Queens Cinnamon Bodymilk



Vlado is a bossy little dude. So instead of allowing me to buy some expensive oil and salts last night, he said, "You have enough lotions and crap you never use at the house. Use those first" -

Uhm. Right. From last winter. Unopened. How unappealing.. But regardless, Saskatchewan weather does not care for my whininess and actually sided with Mr. Love. This morning, after my bath, my skin was dry and cracked and just gross.

It always gets this way during our long 6 month Winter. Itchy, dry, nasty crap. So instinctively, I just put 1/2 a tablespoon of scented oil every other day in my bathtub. On my days I don't do this, I wash my hair.

I'm awful at forgetting to use lotion so I keep it by my bedstand, just in case. Today, I needed something to start this regular habit so I grabbed an old tube and opened it, squishing it onto my arms. 

..AND OUT CAME HEAVEN. It made me stop midway just to SEE what the hell I was using.

Kings & Queens: Queen Isabella Cinnamon Orange Body Milk.



Finish up and run to my laptop, quickly type in: http://forkingsandqueens.com and have an adorable time clicking through each window and reading it. It finally clicks to mine and it says:

Queen Isabella of Spain was very fond of cinnamons mild taste and exquisite aromas but not of its price. So she financed Columbus' search for a new route to Ceylons cinnamon and thus set the wheels in motion for his accidental discovery of the New World.  

The website also boasts: 

11 shower gels
5 bodybutters
3 shimmering bodymilks
4 scrubs
3 eau de toilettes
4 deo spray
4 roll on
4 soaps
2 candles

My experience: Amazing scent. Absolutely Heaven. My skin feels softer and honestly? After a year of being un-used in my closet? The lotion stayed firm and didn't get all liquidy. Thats impressive. The smell makes me want to search out the candles.... The website was awesome in keeping me amused but not the greatest at keeping me informed. I went on there wanting to find out what made it so amazing, what oils were used, WHY it was better then others - instead, I walked away pleasantly happy because it kept me busy looking at little stories and pictures for 5 minutes. Not that is a bad thing.

Many drugstores sell this. I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment